Thursday, January 20, 2011

Change Happens When You Look In The MIRROR

My MIL had a an older mirror laying around in her garage, so I figured that I would repaint it and sell it for her. I got too into what I was doing and forgot to take a before pic, but at least I have an after:

Here's a very important note: I haven't been the biggest fan of shabby chic-ing things that I just put a nice coat of paint on. This was actually my first time doing it. I'm not terribly proud of what I have done, but I guess that shabby chic is like sex, it sells. So I have sold out!

This next mirror was at my wife's grandfather's house. She told me to grab it and throw it in the car one day, so I did. We didn't get a perfect before, but this should work to show you what we were working with:
And after some taping, priming and paiting. Oh yeah, my wife wanted to glaze this one (another one of those artsy fartsy things) to bring out the details in it. But as we were glazing it, she kept saying that I was wiping too much of the glaze off. then when we had it finished, she said that there was too much glaze on it. Oh well, it looks pretty good. still haven't sold it as of today though. So without further ado, here it is, too much glaze and all:

So the key to redoing anything is; first, tape, then a good primer, then a good paint. And voila' you have something that was junk and is now a jewel. ( yeah I know that using voila' probably sounds gay, oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment