Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Who is Pete?

This may come to a surprise to many of you... My real name is Jacob. That's the name I grew up with and was known for 20 some odd years. Here's the story behind Pete. (And no, that's not my stripper name.)

My freshman year of college I had a roommate walk up to me one day and say, "Hey Jacob you look like a Petey, I think we'll call you Petey from now on." I told him that my middle name was Peter and he could call me whatever, it was definitely better than what my brother Jeremy and his friends called me in high school, STINKY. So half my ward at college that year knew me as Petey, and the other half Jacob. Some people would get confused and think that they were two different people.

I went on my mission, came home, and when I went back to school I had a roommate named Jake. Well, a Jake and a Jacob just doesn't work all the time, so we held a meeting. I told them that I had gone by Petey before my mission, and I was fine with that. They voted between Pete, and JP, with Pete winning out.

And that's how I met my wife Jayme as, Pete. She introduced me to her whole family as Pete, and all of California for that matter. So maybe its just my California alias.

But there you have it. That's where the name Pete came from. So Jacob Christensen and Pete Christensen are on in the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment